A true taste of Italy in the heart of County Durham
|Our restaurant is named after the original Italian Farmhouse in Puglia – the area of Italy that runs from the “spur” down to the heel of the “boot” – and we’re proud to be bringing a touch of this fine region to the North East.
We’ve taken to heart the Mediterranean practice of using what’s on your doorstep and much of the Farmhouse’s produce is sourced nearby, including our white fish which is landed on the North East coast and our beef which is reared on farms just up the road.
|Of course we also recognise that for our dishes to be truly authentic sometimes only Italian ingredients will do, which is why we import some of our produce directly from the region that inspired it, including the very finest olive oil, risotto rice, coffee and cheese.
So why not sit, back, relax and let us take you to the Mediterranean, with a good dose of Italian charm and mouth-watering cuisine – just like Mamma used to make!
- The Italian Farmhouse is top for sustainability - awarded 2 SRA stars.
- The Italian Farmhouse has recently been featured in the Living North Magazine. Read More >
- The Sunderland Echo have published a review of The Italian Farmhouse. Read More >
- The Italian Farmhouse has been reviewed by the Durham Times. Read More >
- The Italian Farmhouse wins ‘Durham in Bloom’ Best business premises award. Click here >
- See what our customers are saying. Click here >
- View our review Click here >